SAFETY RULES FOR CLIMBING WALL
Basic House Rules
• Climber must NOT be under the influence of any drugs or alcohol.
• Roughhousing and running is not permitted
• Climber must weigh no less than 20kg (45lbs) and no more than 120kg (265 lbs)
• No food or drink is permitted in the climbing area; with the exception of bottled water
• Parent or guardian supervision is required for children under 14 years of age Climbing Rules
• No bare foot climbing. At RBC, climbing shoes are included on complimentary basis. However, should climbers' wish to wear their own shoes please wear appropriate footwear.
• Climbers are prohibited from bringing mobile / smart phones, sharp items or anything else that may pose safety threat into the climbing area especially items that may easily fall off or injuring others
• Climbers are not allowed to wear anything on their harness other that what you need to do the route.
• Climbers should use chalk balls in chalk bags to reduce dust spreading, hence loose chalk are not permitted
• All climbers and/or belayers must read and complete the RBC Appication Form (the “Waiver”). Minors refers to those below 18 years old, must have the form completed by a parent or guardian.
• All Belayers must demonstrate proper belay technique before belaying a climber in RBC.
• The minimum age for belaying is 14 years old
• Belay with IFSC and CE approved belay devices only
• The basic know-how of tying a Figure-8 Follow Through Knot with an overhand knot as a back up directly into the harness is a necessity.
Climbing DOs & Don'ts
• After you are hooked into your harness, stay in the harness area. Wait until RBC Coaches tells you to go to the climbing area.
• DO NOT begin your climb until RBC Coach instructs or advise you to proceed.
• DO NOT step on the belay cable while you wait to start.
• DO NOT climbing above top rope
• Stay on the climbing route of your climing station.
• Do not make any physical contact with the other climber.
• Do not cross over to put your self directly beneath or above other climbers.
• Use only handholds and footholds on the wall for climbing. Do not touch any sharp or exposed metal i.e.: top rope attachments, structural steel, lead anchors and others.
• Rope to be remained between arms at all times when climbing for safety measures.
• Your shoulders should NOT pass the top of the wall.
• During your descent, DO NOT kick out more than 5 feet from the wall.
• Abseil straight down, away from other climbers.
• Be alert for other climbers beneath you.
• At the end of your climb, wait for RBC Coach to unhook you. Do not unhook yourself.
• Once you are unhooked RBC Coach will assist you in removing your harness, ALWAYS REMEMBER NOT to remove the harness yourself.
• Boulder within your personal limits
• DO NOT boulder in areas used by top rope climbers
• DO NOT boulder beyond marked bouldering holds.
• The use of at least one spotter is recommended when bouldering
• Young children (age below 14 years old) should only boulder under the direct supervision of their parent and/or guardian.
• Young children should not play in bouldering area, as RBC and RBC Coaches would like to provide a safe and fun environment for all participants and spectators.
• RBC Management & Staff reserve the right to deny or revoke access of anyone for any act deemed inappropriate or unsafe.